Why do we build links? To build website authority, referral traffic and Google rankings so our businesses can get more leads and make more money.
Link building seems pretty simple from a Birdseye view. It isn’t until you sit down and start grinding through the process that you realize just how challenging real link building can be.
- How do I identify linking targets?
- What’s considered a quality backlink?
- Once I identify a website, how should I reach out and what should I say?
- No one responded, what should I do?
- How many of these do I have to send!?
- Why isn’t anyone writing about us?!?
We do consider our service at its core SEO because our main goal is to generate more organic traffic to your site.
But the way we approach it is more of a hybrid PR SEO approach.
We do tons of outreach – to bloggers, journalists, writers, and publishers – anyone who would be a great fit to talk about a brand we work with.
Let’s go through a step-by-step case-study on how we obtained this fantastic link http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/6730-best-time-and-attendance-systems.html for our client ClockSpot, so you can get a better sense of how we operate.
- Understand the opportunity
Writers love creating list-type articles. An example is a list of the best software for time management or best online tools for small businesses.
Our goal was to get ClockSpot on as many of these lists as possible.
So it started with keyword research. What were our main keywords?
Should we stop there? No – we also need be get as general as we can without losing focus on the niche. So we also used keywords like:
- Productivity software
- Payroll software
- Small business tools
- Online business toolbox
- Case Studies of Successful Cash-Flow Businesses
- Online Productivity Tools
- Online Tools for Small Business Owners
- Useful links for HR
- Useful link for payroll
- Payroll management
- Online Time Tracking Apps
- Online Collaboration Tools
- Web-based tools to maximize productivity
- Best Accounting Software Websites
- Activity monitor
Once we understand the keywords, we can move onto the next step
- Gathering linking opportunities
Using intelligent link building queries and Google, we scour the web to find articles that would benefit from the inclusion of ClockSpot to their list.
Samples of Link Building Queries:
- Useful link for payroll support* list
- Online Collaboration Tools listings
- Time clock “recommended * software”
There are usually 100’s of opportunities. So we mine the web, create a list and filter to list for the metrics we want.
- Is it a high quality site?
- Does it have a strong domain authority?
- Can you only publish to it with editorial approval?
- Is it niche relevant?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we collect all the contact information we can find and move onto the next step
Any worthwhile website usually gets pitched 100 times a day. When dealing with those kinds of odds, the outreach email sent better be good!
We make sure each article includes or does the following:
- Short introduction of ourselves and the company
- Why we’re reaching out
- What the company does
- Why the company is great including other media publications that have been acquired
- Special features
- Reiterate request for inclusion
Then it’s follow-up follow-up follow-up until you get responses. Usually at the end of the process we come away with a handful of incredible links and new relationships with top flight journalists and bloggers.
And then it’s on to the next wave of link building effort.
Notice not only are we getting a fantastic link, but we’re also getting our client’s website onto other articles that are already generating great traffic. So what does this get you?
- Super powerful backlink for SEO benefit
- Niche relevant backlink for SEO benefit
- Referral traffic from interested customers
- Brand awareness and authority
That’s why we tend to call our service a blend of PR and SEO. Contact us or call (800) 430-7593 to learn more!